Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post Posted: May 5th, 2018, 12:25 am 

hey who of you account bought the 1.8 version of steam?
Should you buy it or wait a little?
thanks munckey for the information

Post Posted: May 5th, 2018, 3:27 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

oh dude 50 turkish liras....must be kidding :(

Post Posted: May 5th, 2018, 4:22 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

The required version of the game is 1.8.13620, which can only be acquired by buying the game through Steam - it was once possible to upgrade manually to 1.8, but per Anpan's inquiries, this software has expired, and hence manual upgrade is no longer possible. So the only option is to buy the game through Steam.

There are still servers in 1.2 and 1.7, but - as they write in their notice - all GameServers servers have been upgraded to 1.8, which means that all non-GameServers servers remain unaffected by this.

So we could stay in 1.2 by finding an entirely different host, but as far as I recall, Vagisil has had no luck finding a suitable one.

Post Posted: May 5th, 2018, 9:24 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

This is bad. :o It looks like a lot of work that has to be done (OVER AGAIN) by Vagisil if we go to 1.8. :( Because of that, as a clan member, I will follow what he says he will do. If he is willing to put more work into it, I will follow and support him.

If he says this is the end, well it is the end.

Now for my opinion. :x This is a money grab by STEAM and is just inline with Microsoft and Windows 10. They say it's for security and I understand the need for security. However, here we have to pay to have it hosted and also for the game. Is what's next, a player is going have to pay a monthly fee as some games require? Microsoft will charge us annual fees to use Windows. It's ultimately about money.

I like the game. Really suck at it though. Maybe an upgrade would give us some more map options? I don't know, but if Vagisil leads us to 1.8 or another option, I will follow.

Jim

Post Posted: May 5th, 2018, 10:30 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

So does this mean when we purchase and install 1.8 we all start at level 1 again or........

Post Posted: May 5th, 2018, 11:28 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Trogg, this has nothing to do with Steam as such, or Microsoft for that matter.
It is solely due to a decision made by GameServers - the company through which our server is hosted. So no, we will not suddenly have to pay monthly fees just to be able to play the game.
The requirement to spend money is a one-time thing, namely, to buy a new copy of the game.

As it looks now, buying a new copy of the game is the only way to play on our server - but if we can find a new host, which hosts 1.2 servers, then we can go back to normal. As mentioned, however, we have not had any luck with finding a proper new host in the past.

So, unfortunately, we will probably have to settle with being in a new patch of the game, which means our members and regulars will need to buy a new copy of the game - given they wish to do so in the first place. Of course, we hope that many of our members and regulars will choose to stay with us, but it is very understandable if they do not wish to spend the money,

JFolck, yes, as a rule of thumb, buying a new copy of the game means starting from scratch, but it is possible to copy your game files (profile, etc.), and overwrite the files of the new copy, which allows you to keep your rank.

Post Posted: May 5th, 2018, 12:05 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Ok all I purchased 1.8. Yes you have to start all over again. it cost me 22.00 Canadian. Wait I think to buy. If we can find server on 1.7 it might be a whole lot easier to go forward

Post Posted: May 5th, 2018, 2:02 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Again, finding a server in patch 1.7 would require that we find a host different from GameServers, since they no longer support any other patches than the one you get by default through Steam. And I don't think we have been able to find a good alternative - but I may be incorrect.

Post Posted: May 5th, 2018, 2:45 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Ok bought into capitalism and bought game Pvt Compguy ready to go. But wait cant find our server or any of my favorites, lots of mods and pretty color ones. Hardcore no where to be found, wait heres one with a 850 ping. Waiting like the rest for the world to start spinning the right direction again and Viper and Munckey shoot me properly.

Post Posted: May 5th, 2018, 3:09 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Is our server actually on 1.8? I can't find it either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics