[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - IMPORTANT SERVER NOTICE
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post Posted: May 6th, 2018, 9:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So we have a patch workaround? Yay!

Post Posted: May 6th, 2018, 10:07 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Hold off one second on that. Having complications.

Servers show up but when I go to go in the server, this comes up...

Edit: This was the fix if you get the same error.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dq9xs ... _gfx_mp.ff

Goes into your CoD4/Zone folder

Attachments:
Call of Duty 4  Modern Warfare Screenshot 2018.05.06 - 21.08.03.24.png
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Screenshot 2018.05.06 - 21.08.03.24.png [ 28.63 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]

Post Posted: May 6th, 2018, 10:53 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Ok, I replaced the .exe that Vag linked to and .ff file that Ruddy linked and it seems to work, but for some reason I lost my rank and I'm starting fresh. Oddly, all my game configs are still intact. I saw that Ruddy was able to do this and maintained her rank. so, not sure what the difference is but YMMV.

Also, the .ff file linked by Ruddy goes in the /zone/English/ folder in your COD directory

Post Posted: May 7th, 2018, 2:02 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Great stuff, Ruddy!

Last edited by [s*8].Munckey on May 7th, 2018, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: May 7th, 2018, 9:34 am 

That would be right just after i buy it :evil:
I tried to copy and paste my profiles from the other COD4 and didn't work so i suppose i have to start all over again ( you all will be safe from my clays for awhile. ) the little upgrades FPS etc can still be adjusted so i'm happy.
I did notice tonight DoctorD warned someone for tubes it showed you still have Admin control and not useless Steam.

Post Posted: May 7th, 2018, 9:59 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: May 7th, 2018, 11:13 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

So I replaced the .exe file and put .ff into the zone/russian folder and the same error notification shows up. :(

Post Posted: May 7th, 2018, 2:01 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Building a good population already!

Attachments:
Good crowd.png
Good crowd.png [ 820.98 KiB | Viewed 291 times ]

Post Posted: May 7th, 2018, 2:02 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Mouse, try doing it over again, I had to do that at first too.

Post Posted: May 7th, 2018, 2:27 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I have not yet been able to update/patch/fix or whatever we are doing to mine yet due to an extremely busy week.

If I understand the situation correctly, gameservers.com decided to update all of their servers without notice to the new 1.8 patch. Initially, there seemed to be no way to update to this patch without purchasing a full new game through steam.

Ruddy did some research and was able to find a fix, and even possibly a patch without spending money on a game you already have (I believe I saw this on her other forum).

The biggest issues of ours is not necessarily the patch itself, but that we were given no notice, and therefore were not able to notify regulars, members and other players alike of the transition to which gameservers.com said 'sorry that sucks. Hope you can still pay us.'

At this point this leaves me with two main questions:

1. How does gameservers.com plan on fixing our problem, seeing they caused it in the first place?

2. If we do decide/get forced into having to use patch 1.8, does that mean we have access to the 1.7 maps? If so, can we incorporate them into the rotation?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics